Pop Mutations (virtual) Festival

The venues might be physically closed at the moment but the booking team at The Flying Duck, Mono and Stereo have been busy. They’ve just announced their new 3 day virtual festival, Pop Mutations, and the line-up is stacked with quality.

From Fri 26th June till Sunday 28th June they’ll host streams from an eclectic mix of local and international artists, bands and DJs; as well as talks, DIY tutorials and exhibitions, all available from the comfort of your laptop, smartphone or tablet. 

The line-up:

…12th Isle, A Cut Above, Aldous RH, Aperçu w/Let Glasgow Flourish, The Artsy Vice Show, Babe, Bum Notes Drag Karaoke w/ Ruby Waters, Clyde Built Radio, Crate Diggin’ w/ David Barbarossa, Echo Party, Eleanor Friedberger, Faux Real, Fletch, Girl Skin, Glasgow African Balafon Orchestra, Glitterati – Quiz Night w/Duglas T Stewart, Gold Top Baby, Good Press, Gospelbeach, Goth GF, Green Door Studios, Healthy in conversation with DJ Marcelle, Heatnavi, Heir of The Cursed, Hot Mess, Invisible Inc, Irma Vep, Jaiva, John McKeown presents 90s Glasgow Underground Retrospective

Kapil Seshasayee, Katy J Pearson, Lady Neptune, Liv Fontaine, Lo Kindre, Lunacy, Maveen, Micheal Marion, Molly Linen, Mono Baby Disco, Monorail Music, Mr Ben & The Bens presents “Beans On Toast’, Music For The Isolated Generation, Neelam Khan Vela, Nightwave, NOVA, Outlet Archival Mix, The Pastels Music Video Retrospective, Pink Noise, Pocket Knife, Puke, Rae Lena, The Rebel, Robert Sotelo, Ribeka, Romeo Taylor, Savage Mansion, Sofay, Soulay Puliman, SPAM Zine, Splash One Poster Retrospective w/ Grant MacDougall and Raissa Pardini, Susannah Stark, Sycophantasy, TAAHLIAH, Third Ear Yoga, This Film Should Not Exist – (Country Teasers film premiere), Tomorrow Syndicate, UNDERMEDVETENHETEN, VSO Henderson. 

Access is free-to-all and donation links will be provided on their website, social media, and on every streaming event. All donations will be split with 60% of proceeds going to the artists, hosts, performers, or their chosen charity. The remaining 40% will be being donated to Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights (CRER), a Scottish strategic racial equality charity, based in Glasgow. 

www.popmutations.com

www.crer.scot


Follow us on Twitter for more interviews, reviews, competitions, and news.


Read the April 2021 issue of SNACK magazine on your tablet, mobile, or pc.

You May Also Like

Interview: Imogen Stirling –Paisley Book Festival 2021

Imogen Stirling is Paisley Book Festival’s inaugural writer-in-residence, as the festival goes digital for ...

Scottish music festival preview

Music Show Scotland Preview

Music Show Scotland is coming to The SSE Hydro in Glasgow in April 2019 ...

Edinburgh Book Festival

Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019 – Preview

Edinburgh International Book Festival (EIBF) will return to Charlotte Square in August. In ‘an ...

Comedy Interview: Craig Hill

Craig Hill Scotland boasts few comedians as energetic, irreverent and razor-sharp as Craig Hill. ...

Josie long

Interview: Josie Long

Josie Long Interview   How do you introduce Josie Long? She’s a three time ...

Spree Festival Paolo Nutini

The Spree – Paisley

Way back in 2012, when someone said, “let’s hold massive four-day music and art ...

Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2020

Upon its inauguration in 2015, SQIFF (Scottish Queer International Film Festival) held what could ...

Paisley Book Fest 2021

The Paisley Book Festival has announced a 2021 line-up which sees it embrace the ...

HippFest 2021: Silent era films – Classics and hidden gems

The Hippodrome Silent Film Festival has announced its 10th festival programme, running Wednesday 17th till ...

Get SNACK magazine in your inbox. Free

 

Keep up to date with all the gigs, events, and news coming out of lockdown.