The Scottish Album of the Year (SAY) Award, Scotland’s national music prize, returns for its 10th year!
They are calling on music fans, labels and artists to submit eligible albums – for free – at sayaward.com. Submissions are open Thursday 1st July and close at midnight on Thursday 22nd July 2021.
Following last year’s digital edition, The SAY Award ceremony will return as a live event, taking place at Edinburgh’s Usher Hall on 23rd October 2021.
Albums released between 1st June 2020 – 31st May 2021 can be submitted for consideration, meaning that all eligible albums – including the eventual winner – will have been released during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The final winner will receive a £20,000 cash prize; one of the most lucrative prize funds in the UK.
All nine runners up each receive £1,000, as well as bespoke prizes created through The SAY Award design commission.
There is no fee to submit an eligible album, and digital releases which fulfil the criteria are also deemed eligible.
To submit albums, plus view eligibility criteria and guidelines for 2021’s award visit sayaward.com
Modern Scottish Classic Award
- Winner chosen by The SAY Award 2021 Longlist.
- Special performance at 2021’s Ceremony to celebrate the winning album.
- Winner receives a bespoke art prize created through The SAY Award Design Commission.
The Sound of Young Scotland Award
Driving Scottish music’s future by giving an annual award to an emerging artist to facilitate the creation of their debut album.
- Winner chosen by a panel of previous SAY Award nominees.
- Winner is given a performance slot to showcase at The SAY Award Ceremony 2022.
- Winner receives up to £5,000 funding to facilitate the creation of their debut album.
- Submissions open plus full details published on Friday 23rd July.
Follow us on Twitter for more interviews, reviews, competitions, and news.