- 4 Potatoes
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry.
- Cut parallel slits into each potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato.
- Tip: place your potato on a wooden spoon before slicing. The spoon edges will stop the knife from slicing all the way through.
- Arrange the potatoes evenly in a baking dish.
- Brush the potatoes all over with half the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then brush with more butter. The potato layers should be separating at this point in cooking, so brushing with more butter adds even more tastiness.
- Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes until crispy around the edges and easily pierced in the middle with a knife.
Follow us on Twitter for more interviews, reviews, competitions, and news.