Vegan Corn Ribs
- 4 sweetcorn cobs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cut the corn into ribs. Do this by standing each cob vertically on a chopping board. Using a large sharp knife, cut the cob vertically down the middle. Repeat this, cutting the cobs again until you are left with quarters. A rolling pin can help push through the knife. Be warned: this is a tough exercise.
- Mix together the oil, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Coat the cobs with the mixture.
- If using an air fryer, place the corn ribs as a single layer, with some space in between, in an air frying basket. Cook the corn at 190°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Or in an oven, cook at the same temperature (however, the time to cook will depend on your oven). Place the corn on a lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Halfway through this time turn the corn ribs, checking to see they are cooking evenly.
- When the cobs are cooked to your liking, serve in a large bowl.
For more ideas visit Mark & Emma at: https://www.foodieexplorers.co.uk/