Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 225 g caster or granulated sugar
- 150 g dairy-free margarine
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the buttercream
- 185 g dairy-free margarine
- 250 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- Banana chips for the topping
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases or cupcake cases.
- Beat together margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and mix in.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix until combined fully.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, until an inserted skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- For the icing, combine the margarine, icing sugar and peanut butter until fully mixed.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add some plant-based milk to loosen it.
- Pipe a generous swirl of buttercream on the top of each cupcake.
- Place a banana chip in the buttercream as a final touch.
Follow us on Twitter for more interviews, reviews, competitions, and news.
Read the April 2021 issue of SNACK magazine on your tablet, mobile, or pc.