A recipe for making Cauliflower Korma which is an easy to make curry. Add other vegetables you like such as potatoes or courgette for varying textures.
The korma sauce is creamy with the addition of almonds and yoghurt but without the need to add actual cream. Omit the yogurt or use a soya version if you wish to make it dairy-free.
1 large Cauliflower, broken into florets, leaves roughly torn
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, chopped tsp ground turmeric
4 cardamom pods, bruised
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander, ground
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp ginger grated
4 tbsp yoghurt
2 tbsp flaked or ground almonds
200ml vegetable stock
Oil (rapeseed or other vegetable oil)
Coriander (a handful, chopped), rice, and naan bread to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Put the cauliflower florets and leaves in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp of the turmeric.
- Mix together then spread onto a non-stick baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Whilst the cauliflower is roasting, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the cardamom and cumin seeds, and sizzle until fragrant.
- Add the onion and chilli, and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the remaining turmeric and the rest of the spices.
- Tip in the roasted cauliflower and stir well.
- Add the stock and almonds.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the yogurt and heat through gently.
- Stir in the coriander and serve with rice and naan bread.
Follow us on Twitter for more interviews, reviews, competitions, and news.
Read the April 2021 issue of SNACK magazine on your tablet, mobile, or pc.