Umami Miso Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500 g Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Sprinkling Red Pepper Flakes Crushed
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 250 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the crushed pepper flakes and sliced mushrooms.Leave to cook for a few minutes, then stir.
- Once the moisture has finished releasing from the mushrooms (the pan will start to get dry) add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and thyme to the pan and mix through.
- In a jug, whisk the vegetable stock, miso paste, and cornflour together.Add this mixture to the pan and stir through until the sauce thickens to your liking.This should take around 3–4 minutes.
- Serve and dive in!